Diezieni Losses N4.8b worth of Assets in Abuja to Government

By Joshua Okungbowa |Staff Writer |Fort News

September 13,2016||11:57

The former Minister of Petroleum Resources Mrs. Diezani Alison-Madueke who is currently undergoing investigation by the EFCC has had to forfeit some of her properties to the government.

There is currently an operation going on in Port Harcourt which is to probe five choice houses believed to be Mrs. Alison-Madueke.

Along with all this, the government has confiscated a property said to belong to Diezani in Abuja reportedly worth N500million pending her trial.

Along with the other properties and assets of the Ex-Minister seized, it brings it to a grand total of N4.08billion seized so far.

The EFCC received intelligence report on the property  allegedly acquired by Mrs. Alison-Madueke in Port Harcourt.

The entire operation is tied in to the $10billion allegedly looted by  some former public officers that is being investigated.

According to the Nation, an EFCC source said, “Based on latest intelligence, we have been able to trace more choice assets to Mrs. Alison-Madueke in Port Harcourt. We have drafted more operatives in Rivers State.

“We have identified more than  five of such assets but we need to verify the ownership by going through some documents before attaching the properties in line with our mandate.

“In the next one week, our team in Port Harcourt would have completed their assignment. We will then release the value of the assets.

“We are also on the trail of some accomplices who were used for the property deals.”

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s